Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Christmas Care Packages

HO, HO, HO, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Thought it was a good time to finally update this blog & what better to start with than some Christmas Care Package ideas? So to start, here is two pictures of my 2 Christmas themed packages (and I had to send two because I couldn't fit it all into one)...


So, first I will start out with a list of ideas for Christmas:

*Candy Canes (i always pick up the fun flavors like sweet tarts, jolly ranchers, etc)
*Mini Stockings
*A mini Christmas Tree with mini ornaments & lights
*Holiday flavored coffees, teas, etc.
*Christmas Candy
*And of course, homemade Christmas themed Cookies
*Santa Hats
*Christmas Fleece Blankets
*Christmas themed Movies and Music

These are always a Holiday Favorite in Our household.

SO, on an Important Note: 
Christmas Time at the Post Office is BUSY, SUPER BUSY.
It is best for you if you send this packages out at the End of November, DO NOT wait until December rolls around, and if your Marine gets the package too early, it's ok, Then they have time to enjoy their tree, put up decorations in their living space, and not have a candy cane overload.

Good thing for You, some Christmas goodies start showing up on the shelves as early as AUGUST. No joke.
Michael's will already have their Mini Christmas Trees, Ornaments, & Bulbs out by this time.

While I didn't snap any pictures, Here is one from my Husband in his tent with the Christmas Tree I sent him:
(And the Halloween Pumpkin still from my Halloween Package, lol)


As for the Candy & Treats, you can hold off buying those until November & Walmart has every kind of Christmas treat you can imagine at that time. So go crazy! =) 

So, now the million dollar question, How did i manage to ship fresh cookies in a box for 3 weeks and still keep them fresh? Well this is how:


These bags were a complete success. A little more expensive than your regular Ziploc, but worth it to give your Marine Fresh cookies.

Now the cookies I bought were just Nestle Break & Bake Christmas colored cookies & brownies:


And this is how i packaged them:


That pump comes with the bigger box of Ziplocs when you first purchase them, and there is instructions for how to properly use it.

Now the next step is up to you, but I did two different things. I used Mason Jars to hold some of the cookies (in the bags), but I also found some pretty neat boxes at the Dollar Store and used those for some cookie holding, and always for a small gift for my husband. I then topped it off with some cute ribbon I bought at Michael's and ta-da Christmas gifts for him/her to open! 

I know that my Marine & his fellow Marines really enjoyed the cookies, candy canes, stockings, and having a (small, but cute) tree to celebrate with, and I hope this helps some with your Christmas packages! 


No comments:

Post a Comment