Thursday, February 21, 2013

Happy Halloween

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! This is a post about Halloween Care Packages! 
Here is a picture of the one i sent one Halloween: 
(And as I am sure you noticed I like to decorate ALL of my themed/holiday boxes, and my Husband loved it too, He said it made him feel like i poured some of myself into the care package for him)


& In the Package I sent a "pumpkin" (it was a hard foam one from Michael's that i bought for $4 their pre-holiday sale) that i decorated... 
***A good thing to think about is that stores like Michael's & Hobby Lobby will put ALL of their Holiday decor on sale when they put it out about 8-6 weeks Before the holiday. And since it can sometimes take 4-5 weeks to get a package to your loved one, sending Holiday ones a month before the holiday can be a great idea so they receive the package on the actual holiday.***


Since Halloween is a holiday that has become All about Candy, I decided this package would be a perfect one to send the troops some candy. I carved a top off of the foam pumpkin (pictured above) and stuffed it with my husband's favorite candy. I then bought 30 smaller plastic Halloween themed baggies (you can get these at the Dollar Store) and filled them up with other types of candy for him to pass out on his base. (Keep in Mind What the weather is like during this time of year from where you are sending the package, it's route to your loved one, and where they are.... If it is Hot, it is best to NOT use any candy that can melt such as Chocolate!)

Some (non-chocolate) Candy Ideas: Laffy Taffy, Skittles, Mike & Ike's, Starburst, Tootsie Rolls, LifeSavers, Smarties, SweetTarts, Twizzlers, Sour Gummy Worms, Nerds, Gobstoppers

I can tell you that this box was a hit with all of the guys, and they wound up keeping the pumpkin in their space the rest of the deployment as a decoration. 

So other good Halloween Ideas are: Scary Movies, Popcorn, Small Halloween Decor (fake spiders, small skeletons, goofy face masks)

No comments:

Post a Comment